Core Tunes Updated
I just updated the downloadable core repertoire tune book for the jam, its first change since mid-2017. If you use the tune book at the jam, you’ll want to download and/or print the latest version. Major changes include:
- Removed Turkey in the Straw, Boatman, Golden Slippers, McClanahan’s March
- Added Buffalo Girls, Clayhole Waltz, Soldier’s Return, Sweet Marie, Abe’s Retreat, Mace Bell’s Civil War March, Pretty Little Shoes, Eye of the Beholder, Freda, Rose Waltz, Wind That Shakes the Barley, Barlow Knife, Bound to Have a Little Fun, Girl I Left Behind Me, Hollow Poplar, Rat’s Gone to Rest, Susi’s Waltz
- Replaced Johnny Don’t Get Drunk with a more “festival” version
- Changed time signature to cut time where appropriate
- Fixed awkward notation on multiple-ending tunes where it was just about a pick-up for the part
I also added some notes about “potatoes” to the text at the beginning.
You can download the tune book PDF at the Core Tunes page.
I’ll be rotating the new tunes into the jams over the next few months; February’s list just went out last night, and includes some of the new additions. And this will be the version of the book in use at the jams I’m leading at the Bellingham Folk Festival.